Thursday, May 03, 2007

Social Activity

We have come to a realization lately that social activity is truly one of the keys to happiness and longevity. Ironically, everything these days forces us into being less social: computers (here I am), TV, video games, house and apartment design, city planning. I think there are a few places where people have recognized this trend and are building cities, places, homes to foster more social interactions, but in general I think it is pretty bad/sad. We long for a front porch on our house where we can hang out and visit our neighbors. I'd like a good neighborhood pub we can walk to. I think old folks homes could use more of this type of thing... I have been thinking about idea involving a front porch type concept, but for apartments. Hmmmm.

No comments: